Employing over 500 individuals across a variety of departments, the Brisbane Entertainment Centre continually strives to provide an exceptional experience to all of our guests each time they attend an event. Our success is largely based on our people and their commitment to outstanding customer service. Whilst our employee retention rate is high, we love to hear from dedicated customer service professionals eager to join our team.
CATERING TEAM MEMBERS
Are you a seasoned hospitality professional looking for your next exciting challenge? Do you have the flexibility to work a range of shifts across our busy event schedule? This position may be for you!
The Brisbane Entertainment Centre is currently seeking interest from individuals with a flair for customer service to join their casual Catering Team, working across all divisions including kitchens, restaurants, functions, stores, eateries and bars during scheduled events.
We are looking for FOOD & BEVERAGE ATTENDANTS, BARTENDERS, SHORT ORDER COOKS AND KITCHEN HANDS who:
- Have a passion for transforming moments into unforgettable memories
- Can thrive within a busy team environment
- Are highly motivated team players
- Have the flexibility to work a range of shifts
- Have excellent presentation standards
- Have a positive, "can do" attitude
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certification is required
- Previous hospitality experience will be highly regarded
If you think you've got what it takes to be a part of our dynamic team, we would love to hear from you.
Applications including a cover letter and current resume should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Friday 27 January 2017.
CASUAL PRODUCTION CREW
We are currently seeking individuals to join us as part of our Production Crew Team. These positions will see you provide ongoing high level support across a range of functions within our technical department to ensure our hirer's requirements are achieved in a safe and professional manner. Whilst on shift, your duties will be varied and may include;
- Building and dismantling stages risers and temporary seating platforms
- Setting and removing furniture in dressing rooms, offices and foyers
- Installation and removal of handrails, stairs, signage
- General assistance with the maintenance of assets across the venue
To succeed, you will be physically fit and an enthusiastic team player that understands the importance of safety in the workplace. You will have excellent communication skills, the ability to follow and act on directions promptly and the flexibility to work a range of shifts as rostered.
A current Construction White Card and reliable transport are essential for this role. Forklift licence is desirable.
Applications including a cover letter and current resume should be forwarded to email@example.com. Applications close Tuesday 7 February 2017.
CASUAL PRESENTATION SERVICES TEAM MEMBERS
Casual opportunities currently exist in our Presentation Services team for dynamic and proactive cleaning professionals.
Reporting to the Presentation Services Coordinator, you will be working as part of a strong team to ensure that the presentation of the building is to the Centre's highest standards. As a Casual Cleaner you will be responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment for both internal and external clients, working across all areas of the Centre including the Arena, Sports Centre, offices and public areas.
The successful candidates will have the following;
- Experience working in a busy cleaning environment across a large venue or commercial cleaning operation
- The ability to work with large numbers of patrons congregated in the Centre’s public areas
- Ability to work as part of a team within a fast paced environment high level attention to detail and thorough cleaning standards
- Strong communication skills
- A commitment to providing service excellence
- A current Working with Children Blue Card or the ability to gain one before being rostered
- Capability and flexibility to work a range of shifts
- Able to follow and act on directions from your supervisor promptly.
The role requires the flexibility to work in a department that operates to suit the Centre's event schedule including weekdays, weeknights, weekends and public holidays.
If you meet the above criteria please forward your application including cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Friday 3 February 2017.